Wednesday, February 13, 2008

...a valentine may

the infamous hallmark holiday is just around the bend..



i am happy to say that I have a valentine that never leaves me. never rejects me. never stops loving.
Jesus.
and i am not saying this to sound cliche or corny.
it's what i feel, deep inside.
no one can/will ever compare.

i got an email today from a friend of mine. her name is Julie Daniel and she is amazing. she sent me a message and this was attached...

  • = my thoughts, as in Danielle's thoughts

A Valentine may play a song for you
But God sings you the sweetest love song in the universe (zephaniah 3:17)

  • God delights in me, even me. He rejoices over me. I can't even begin to imagine the melodies He has constructed.
A Valentine may give you flowers
But God sent you the most beautiful rose of all: Jesus (song of solomon 2:1)
  • Jesus. a gift I will never deserve. But God so graciously recieves me.

    A Valentine may take you out to dinner
    But God has invited you to the most amazing feast ever given (Revelation 19:9)
  • I didn't think anything could compare to Thanksgiving dinner with my family. i was wrong. I bet there will be loads of cheesecake. mmmm.

    A Valentine may bring you chocolate
    But God provides you with something sweeter in his word (psalm119:103)
  • i am striving to savor this. to take everything I can from His word. to be an example.

    A Valentine may be far away
    But God is always with you (Matthew 28:20)
  • even when i mess up. even when i fail. He wraps me in His arms. I can triumph in His name.

    A Valentine may love you for a lifetime
    But God loved you before you were even born
    And will love you for all eternity (Jeremiah 31:3)
  • to me, this is amazing. to think that someone can love me even when I don't love myself. to think that I am loved unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment