Wednesday, February 20, 2008

...a response to a loss


This song is full of passion. I have never heard it before, until now.
It has touched me incredibly in the past 5 minutes. Just listening to the man's story that wrote the song. It's so close to my heart.

Recently, I have really been struggling with Kyle's death. It's been haunting my thoughts constantly when I'm alone. I keep going back to the moments I heard he was in the hospital and the second I heard he didn't make it. I keep replaying it in my mind. As if, in some way, the more I replay it, the more chances I have to change it. But that's not going to happen and I know I can't make it happen. But one thing I do know...Kyle's life and his death changed the lives of so many others. So many people have grown. So many people have been chnaged by his very life.
i truly believe there are angels among us. walking with us. talking with us. going to classes and meetings with us. sometimes we don't realize it. but I've realized it now. i truly believe that Kyle was and is an angel walking with us. Giving us the strength, wisdom, and encouragment to make it through the days.

Yesterday my dorm neighbor's brother passed away. I just pray that I, in some way, can give her courage and hope. I pray that I can help her in the healing process. I want her to know it is okay to cry. It is okay to fall down and weep.

I realize now, like I've realized in the past, like I will probably forget and realize again, that no matter how much pain I feel from his loss, God will mend me. He will not leave me weeping for too long. He loves me too much to see me hurting.

God is so much bigger than the biggest losses in life. He is so much stronger. He has the power to rescue us from our deepest agonies. He has the grace to pick us up and carry us on.
Oh, how He loves us.
Oh, how He loves.

Grace...
GRACE....
that alone is powerful

No comments:

Post a Comment