
second thought- there is a giggle in my chest. an eruption. i can not contain this joy. its overflowing.
"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior." Habakkuk 3:17-18
even when i am going through hard times, I can find joy in my Father. He has provided us endlessly. He has done so much for me, how can I not be thankful. how can I not be joyful.
sometimes I walk outside and I am so amazed by His creation that I let out a giggle. I find myself doing this so much lately.
I am finding joy in the smallest of things.
Recently, I have been spending a lot of time with people that make me laugh. I have finally found that joy again. Being able to act goofy at all hours. Getting calls from rachel green(the RA) asking us to calm down. haha. And then making a tally list of just how many of those calls we get. unintentionally, of course.
Yesterday 5 of us girls decided we would embarrass a friend playing basketball. We took the guitar to the gym, sat on the sidelines, and made up ridiculous songs for him. He loved it of course. And I take credit for his 11 baskets.
It's been so wonderful just to spend time with these girls. Just to be able to laugh. to sit around for hours making jokes. it makes my heart so joyful.
and I know God laughs with us. I know he probably rolls His eyes and chuckles a bit when we tell jokes that only we find funny. He has a crazy sense of humor. I know this. He is probably laughing at me right now.
wait, is that blasphemy? i hope not.
All I am trying to say is, be joyful. Don't dwell on the negatives. God is an amazing and faithful God. He will never fail to lift your Spirits. Become so overjoyed with God that you can't help but giggle.
Laughter. oh laughter.
It is such a gift. laughter reminds me that God hears my every breathe, He sees my every tear, feels my every thought, and He is with me in every struggle. He laughs alongside me and cries alongside me. God never leaves me.
Learn to laugh at your mistakes. Learn to laugh through the difficult times.
Laughter lightens your burdens and puts a spark in your soul.
third thought- since the beginning of the year, I have been focusing a lot on running. I try to head to the track at least 3 times a week. every single time I go to th track there is this old man there. he has to be close to 85-90. so tiny and frail. in the beginning of the year he would make his way away the track. slowly, but surely. he would take his steps with such determination. over the weeks, I have noticed his pace quickening. he has slowly gone from walking slowly to a fast walk and now he is running. it has been such an encouragement to see this old man get faster over time. Today, I actually got to talk to him and learn a little about his story. When he was my age he was a very competitive runner. he loved it so much, but over the years he has lost his strength. For a while, he couldn't even walk. He has THREE strokes AND he has a heart condition. One side of his heart beats faster than the other. he said he has to be careful because of his health, but he won't let his love for running diminish. he won't give up. he won't let his health hold him back. How amazing is that? I find myself giving up on things in life. If I can't get it right or something goes wrong, I just give up. This little old man has given me a new courage to fight my battles. To never give up even when the world says "no". How encouraging! I told him how much he has blessed me just by watching him and he smiled so big. It was adorable.
final thought - i love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment