Monday, January 28, 2008

...a constant love and grace

Today I woke up in a horrible mood. Why? A number of reasons that I won't get into. They are all very silly reasons that normally wouldn't bother me. It's just the fact that all these silly reasons exploded in my face on a chosen day. As if they got together and had a meeting of "Team Lame" Attack victim number one, Danielle. Well, thank you.
I will now let you know that your attempt to ruin my day has failed.

After deciding that I hate being in a horrible mood. And deciding that I would not let this horrible mood claim my day. I grabbed my Bible, flipped it open and read the first thing before my eyes...

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God."
-Romans 8:18-21

wow...so incredible. God has a way of working out the kinks. Even the kinks in a silly, messed up, lame morning. I am victorious with God. I win over any troubles. They are nothing compared to my Father in Heaven




mend this broken heart.
sew up the holes pierced by betrayal.
open my eyes to a constant love.
a longing for even my weaknesses.
cure me from half-truths and lies.
i am laying in the open yelling out.
"i have faith in you. i have faith in You. I have faith in YOU."
and yet i seem to slip time and time again.
i fall back into my old self.
my hurting, confused, and lost self.
its when i think i have it all together.
its when i, myself, think i have formed some sort of happiness.
when i take credit for all the joy.
that is the very moment i lose everything.
so here I am, again, and not the last time.
i lay down my offering.
sacrifice my desires.
hold out this heart to only You.
uncover my obsessions.
reveal my insecurities.
sacrifice all that is holding me back.
cut the reigns of sinful nature.
burn the bridge of earthly desire.
sacrifice.
all.
sacrifice.
everything.
fear the glory of the Lord.
stand bewildered by His grace.
in awe of His unending love.
His mercy and compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment