Reason 1) I have been keeping a pencil and paper journal
Reason 2) I don’t have time to spend hours on the computer to type that journal out
Reason 3) I have tooooo many obligations
Reason 4) I really don’t need a reason, so omit all above reason. Please and thanks.
So here goes something…
Today’s topic in my spiritual formation class was Spiritual Warfare and it hit me like a bag of bricks. Spiritual warfare is something that I rarely hear mention about, especially in the church I grew up in. Either people don’t think it exists, or they don’t want to put too much time into studying about Satan’s schemes. FYI: it’s a bad, bad idea to ignore the battle that is going on for our heart.
What does it mean to be possessed with a devil? We must remember that to be possessed by the devil does NOT mean the devil has ownership. The devil is like an annoying “gnat” that will torment us until we give. Don’t give in.
Who can cast out demons? Anybody who is a true believer and follower of Jesus Christ. Through Christ, we have the power and the authority to cast out every demon. Mark 16:17 says, “In my name they will drive out demons” and Luke 10:19 says, "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
Jesus cast out demons. His apostles cast out demons. He gives
"Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."
Ephesians 5:14
Fighting for your heart, the glory of your life, is an epic battle with Satan. We must be fully aware of the attacks from our enemy, who wants to kill and destroy our hearts at any chance he gets. We must become active warriors in the battle for our hearts. The powers of evil have joined together to destroy us, but God, in all his might, is mightier than any army of Satan.
No comments:
Post a Comment