Thursday, June 11, 2009

...a love like none other

i continue to find myself thinking about love. how ridiculously hard it is to understand love.
what is love? how do i show love? what is loving unconditionally? and can i really ever do that?
in my heart i want to say that i love everyone on earth with no limits. i am willing to lay myself aside for every other soul that wanders this planet. but i know that is not true. oh, how i wish it were true.
it is so difficult to understand love and understand it to the fullest.
God is love. i understand that. then maybe i don't understand God to the fullest.
but is that even possible? i don't think my human intelligence could ever even come close to comprehending God and then understanding the love He has for me.
that undying, unrelentless love that He has for each person on earth.
the drug dealer. the prostitute. the schizophrenic. the missionary. the preacher. the murderer. the cutter. the child. the mother. the father.
He loves them all the same. He loves the least of these and the ones that think they have it all together. He LOVES. truly loves them all. All of us. unconditionally.



The love of God. Agape love. The love that is given quite irrespective of merit. It is a love that seeks to give.

I feel that agape love is almost foreign for humanity. How can someone ever love everyone in that way?
I wish I could say that I know what love is and how to truly live it out, but I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment